Pages

Tuesday 22 November 2011

My DAD - Lest We Forget

It is 30 yrs today since my Dad died so I thought I'd show this LO today, from my Family album, in Remembrance of him. He was lucky enough to survive the war and died age 66 from lung cancer. I miss him still so much. The photo here was taken in front of the Basilica in Rome; the postcard, with the same view, was one he sent to Mom after he'd pasted some lampooned pics from the Italian newspaper onto it. The elephant, made from black card, signifies the felt elephant he made for me while he was in hospital in Italy recovering from Dysentery.
I used some Basic Grey October Afternoon paper, and made all the little poppies from a punch. The medal was a copy of Dad's medal made from dyed ribbon and black card. Hidden journalling is behind the Memories to Share tag on the right.
Thank you for looking and any sweet words you leave me.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely tribute to your Dad, Jeanie; he is surely smiling in heaven when he sees how you are honouring him! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Straight from the heart, is the best kind of art. ; ) It's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page - meaningful, beautiful and clever. I love your handmade touches and having the postcard is great too. I lost my Mum 33 years ago and still miss her too - you don't forget do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this one, the colours are gorgeous and I love the placement of your photos, how awesome to have been in Rome, although not under those circumstance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!