Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Downright Ugly!

Good things have happened lately -
My bone scan shows my bones have not lost too much density in the last five years so the medication, which have made me so ill, have helped me to stop the thinning. -
This means I can have a two year holiday from the injections and regain some quality of life!-
I've lost 4 lb in two weeks!  Way to go yet.

The Bad is that I've had no hot water or heating for a week as the flue to my flat goes up through the flat above me and then to the roof.  New regs mean it has to be inspected for leaks all the way up and an inspection hatch has to be built in the flat upstairs.  In the meantime they've switched me off!!  GRRRRR
Supposed to have come today and cancelled this morning, now it's tomorrow!!  I know I'm lucky to have piped water at all but............................

And this is the UGLY..............................................

My new knee brace to keep my knee joint from dislocating all the time!!  Don't ask me how it works but it does.  It's also very uncomfortable and makes my leg look even fatter!!

4 comments:

  1. Poor you! No heating, and such an uncomfortable brace, sorry! But good news about the medis! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the "bad" and the "ugly" bits, but I know you can get through these challenges. As for the "good" bits, they are very good indeed--hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Challenges, indeed. I hope that heating is sorted for you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. Hope things work out for you. Focus on the good stuff. Take care.

    P/s: Did want to tell you that you are the winner of Shahrul's challenge...http://yyam.blogspot.sg/2013/06/terrors-at-playground-and-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!